
Today I picked up picture CDs on which the great photo folks at Costco had put all of the pictures that I took in 1961 on an almost 2 month tour of the western part of Europe. This was one of those trips with the experienced tour guide who'd been doing this for 22 years. She made all of the arrangements and some 23 or so of us followed her lead. She kept us from making fools of ourselves as overly aggressive Americans from England through Scotland, across to Norway, Sweden, & Finland, down through Denmark, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, and France. Six of my really close friends and I all went together. We sailed over and back, wore only dresses, saw all of THE sights, and had an absolutely marvelous & memorable trip. Today I was taken back to those days and those experiences and those spectacular places, and those special friends. We're all still in touch, get together occasionally, and cherish our lifelong friendships. It's been a memory-filled, smiling day.
No comments:
Post a Comment