

We've been to the beach for a few days. It was wonderful! The sky was blue, the ocean was sparkling, the waves were perfect, the air was clear, and the temperature was ideal. The grandkids loved digging in the sand and picking up "pretty rocks." Sure, there were a jillion people there, but that was okay. There was plenty of sand and plenty of water and plenty of room for everyone. Sleeping with the sound of the waves breaking on the beach was soothing - most of the time. We took a couple of side trips to my favorite nurseries - Roger's Gardens and Weidner's Nursery in Leucadia. What a treat it was just to roam through all of the gorgeous plants that love the coast and find our environs just a bit too hot for their liking - begonias & fushias, in particular. Butch survived and I love him for his patience - among other things. Friends whose generosity facilitated this are loved & appreciated & thanked from the bottoms of our sandy hearts.
I'm so happy (and jealous) that you all got to spend time in San Clemente. I remember how wonderful it all is there. I'm longing for a beach trip and wish we could have been part of it. I'm also so pleased for you that you were able to get a Roger's Garden fix. I know those come infrequently and sometimes a little painfully. :-)
ReplyDeletep.s. I've just read through your archived posts. I had no idea. You're now bookmarked and I look forward to reading your remarkable writing daily!