
Halloween is one of those holidays that I think many people approach with mixed feelings. How much candy do I buy? Do I get candy I like, so that I can eat the leftovers? Do I get candy I don't like, so that I won't eat the leftovers? Then, there is the annual costume selection. One grandson chose a Swamp Thing outfit, only to decide it was pretty gross and opt for a skeleton costume instead. Our granddaughter was a KU cheerleader and our youngest grandson was a Baby Jayhawk complete with a great red hood and beak made by his talented paternal grandmother Oma. It's fun to have the kids come to the door with their parents watching from the sidewalk. The kids are so excited to be dressed up and they love getting all of the candy. It's interesting to check out the varied "bags" that they carry. We used to live in a community where the kids had to tell a joke before they got to select a treat. One neighbor gave out foreign coins collected on world trips and the kids loved those. I've walked the neighborhood in pouring rain just because you HAVE to trick-or-treat on Halloween regardless. Today I attend a fun luncheon hosted by a new Californian who has always had a party on Halloween. She invited her new friends she's met here and we all had a great time. It marked a special moment in a truly special day. Tonight we dressed up and the trick-or-treaters loved it! So, Happy Halloween. Celebrate all the fun memories from the past and the new ones that are being created today.
No comments:
Post a Comment