Saturday, November 28, 2009

Decorating a Christmas Tree



One of my most favorite things to do is to decorate our Christmas tree. As I take out the ornaments, I remember people who gave them to us, people with whom I've decorated our tree, and friends and family through the years who are all a part of the beauty of our tree. Some are now in the Communion of Saints, and that adds a dimension to our tree that is so very special. When I hang those ornaments, I remember a lot of love, a lot of happy times, and a smile always comes to my face. Our tree is truly a celebration of all that has been, all that is, and all that will be.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to be there sometime for this annual activity. I can only imagine the stories and...entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is gorgeous as always! I have to admit that when I gaze at the 10 foot, beautifully lit, amazingly balanced, beauty, it stirs an emotion within me that is difficult to put into words. I think it may be a deep rooted fear of the future when all 10,000+ of those ornaments will be in my possesion!

    ReplyDelete