Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wrapping Christmas Presents

Every year I shop for Christmas presents all year long. When I see something that I think is perfect for a friend or a family member, I buy it and stash it away in my "Christmas closet." A few years ago, it became "closets." Sometimes I would buy something that I thought would make a perfect gift, only to realize that I truly wanted it for myself. Hmmmm. "Self-gifting" is something many of us have to deal with at one time or another. So, I've gotten more honest. I've kept a few items that I realize dazzled my eyes because I really wanted them. Have I given gifts that I would have loved to have had? Yes! That's also part of the whole experience - giving gifts to those you love, both friends and family, and anticipating the genuine pleasure that your gift may bring. They truly are part of the giver. They come from the heart. That's why I can't wait to get out the year's treasure trove and wrap the gifts with excitement, anticipation, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment