Friday, November 12, 2010

Pilgrim Festival at Pilgrim Place in Claremont




Today I volunteered with my friend Joyce at the Nature Frames booth at the annual Pilgrim Festival at Pilgrim Place. What a delightful event for all ages! After we walked around and looked at all the beautiful & tempting items for sale AND after we had a great hot dog lunch AND after we visited with a lot of people AND after we had a great chocolate chip cookie, we helped children put seeds & nuts & pods & evergreens pieces around their pictures mounted on sturdy pieces of cardboard. These treasures hang on many walls throughout Claremont and nearby communities. Many of the kids have already had their faces painted, so their pictures are beautiful and unique and capture a special moment in time. How lucky we are in Claremont to be able to have in our midst a residential community of retired pastors, missionaries, seminary professors, & people who've worked in the various nonprofit fields. They give so much to all of us and to the community. We are truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. You are so fortunate to have that residential community of lovely people. The Festival sounds fantabulous. I enjoyed visiting the website and reading a review of the pageant. You are indeed blessed to be in such a lovely town with so many neat activities. I am ready for the hotdog and chocolate chip cookie.

    ReplyDelete