School has begun in Claremont, and that means that Eric is at the high school from early morn to late afternoon. Maria has switched her 50/50 job share days, and now is teaching 1st grade on Mondays, Tuesdays, and every other Wednesday. Zac is now in the 2nd grade and Claire is a Kindergartener! Luke will be going to the Early Childhood Center Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and he will spend Tuesdays with Grandpa Butch and Grandma RoRo. These two aging phenoms will be walking Zac and Claire to school and pushing Luke in the stroller on many days.
The first day we all hit the sidewalk for the trek to school, and it was already super hot. Butch took Zac to his classroom, and Luke and I took Claire to her room. She has the same super teacher that Zac had. How nice! Claire, of course, could not eat breakfast because she was so excited and anxious about this new experience. When we got to school and I asked if she had any questions, she replied that she wanted to know what she was supposed to do if her tooth came out on the playground at recess? Zac, in a very matter of fact manner, informed her that the teacher would take her to the office and they would take care of her. Claire seemed satisfied with that answer.
There were only about 200 million parents and grandparents at school to see their "preciousnesses" go in their classrooms for the first day. As Luke and I checked out Claire's classroom, I noticed that one mother was videotaping and taking still shots at the same time. That's quite a feat! Butch reported that when the teacher told the 2nd graders to select the seat where they wished to sit, Zac went right over to the grouping of desks near the teacher's desk, sat down, put his books in his desk, and turned down offers from friends to move to other locations in the room.
Yes, Butch and I answered Maria's quick call at recess to see how things had gone. Butch made a solo run in the afternoon to pick Zac and Claire up, while I stayed with a sleeping Luke. It wasn't long before two smiling, happy kids came in the door with ice cream from 21 Choices. Grandpa Butch is a good man! :-) All reports were good and everyone - both children and adults - were happy campers! Life is good indeed!
Hooray for good beginnings and smart Zac. So glad Claire plans and thinks ahead, esp where money is concerned :*)) That ice cream sounds soooooo good! Good job, Grandparents; and I am so glad Maria is handling that first important year.
ReplyDelete