Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Our Advantium Oven - RIP

Right before Maria and Eric married in January of 2000, we redid our kitchen. It was and is perfectly beautiful, thanks to our friend Helaine. We discovered this "new" combo microwave/Advantium GE oven and fell in love. The "affair" has been wonderful for 10 years. This week it came to an end with a whimper. Within two hours, we had purchased a new one and it will be installed Friday. In the meantime, we've discovered how much we had come to rely on the "magical gifts" of the Advantium's talents and how our food purchases were so influenced by what it could do. Now, in a couple of days we'll be up and flying once again. Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is the way I feel about a Rowenta iron. I tell people it makes one love to iron.I never heard about Advantium Ovens. Sorry yours died but you won't be alone long! The next time I need one, I will look for Advantium!
    It is shocking how we rely on so much which we found out when the water pipe burst in Massachusetts. We boiled our water, wanted toddlers not to drink the bath water accidentally, missed washing our lettuce easily. Even slightly broken, having been dropped many times, my Rowenta is a dream!

    ReplyDelete