"But I want to keep it to remind me of such a special person/event/time/whatever!" It's fun to look at memorabilia from a special person or event or time or place, and smile with fond remembrance. It's another thing to be able to FIND that memorabilia. This is a constant struggle in my life and one for which I've yet to find a satisfactory solution. File folders? Good idea! But, how do you keep those organized - by person, event, year, ??? It's a perpetual conundrum. So, today I did some organizing, a lot of reminiscing, and some actual discarding. Do I still have a "ton" of stuff? You betcha! It will be fun to look at some of it the next time I get in "the organizing zone."
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Cleaning Out & Organizing
"But I want to keep it to remind me of such a special person/event/time/whatever!" It's fun to look at memorabilia from a special person or event or time or place, and smile with fond remembrance. It's another thing to be able to FIND that memorabilia. This is a constant struggle in my life and one for which I've yet to find a satisfactory solution. File folders? Good idea! But, how do you keep those organized - by person, event, year, ??? It's a perpetual conundrum. So, today I did some organizing, a lot of reminiscing, and some actual discarding. Do I still have a "ton" of stuff? You betcha! It will be fun to look at some of it the next time I get in "the organizing zone."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh I laughed out loud at this one...so true. You quoted my brain's musings. A month ago I tossed out 7 boxes of filled file folders after going through some, several file holders and decades of Christmas cards (maybe transplants need them more than others) and have regretted some. I heard another ordered a dumpster and parked it in the drive and tossed things from the attic. I must get back to the tossing, or doling out to others.Thanks for a big laugh and what a perfect illustration.
ReplyDeleteI just picked up a new book at the library that might have an impact on me...there were several books on clutter so it must be epidemic. Not that what needs organizing is clutter. :*)
ReplyDelete