How many times have you been asked that question? As I look at my Facebook postings, it does seem that most are younger than I am. But, I know that a lot of my contemporaries are indeed "on Facebook." Last year I met a lovely young woman at a party and found out that she worked for Facebook. As we talked, I told her that I was on Facebook and was having fun exploring all that it had to offer. She responded warmly to that information and told me that she was so pleased because they loved to hear about people in my demographic using Facebook. Needless to say, I immediately developed 5 new wrinkles, my eyesight got more blurry, my back developed a crick, and I swear I "heard" some brain cells swoon and sign off. But, she was right. Come on, "my demographic." Get with it and join Facebook. You are missing a lot = a lot of opportunities to connect with friends from your childhood, to be in touch with friends from other cities where you've lived, to hear from dear friends of your children, and to "talk" with colleagues from work, with friends in town and with friends across the country. You can share pictures and news and joys and sorrows and games. Right now I'm in a couple of Scrabble games and brain games and less brainy games with friends far and near. I love seeing pictures of special events in friends' lives, of trips made close by or around the world, of families and new babies, and of celebrations that almost make you feel as if you had been there. How spectacular! I wouldn't miss this wonderful opportunity. I love Facebook!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Are You on Facebook?
How many times have you been asked that question? As I look at my Facebook postings, it does seem that most are younger than I am. But, I know that a lot of my contemporaries are indeed "on Facebook." Last year I met a lovely young woman at a party and found out that she worked for Facebook. As we talked, I told her that I was on Facebook and was having fun exploring all that it had to offer. She responded warmly to that information and told me that she was so pleased because they loved to hear about people in my demographic using Facebook. Needless to say, I immediately developed 5 new wrinkles, my eyesight got more blurry, my back developed a crick, and I swear I "heard" some brain cells swoon and sign off. But, she was right. Come on, "my demographic." Get with it and join Facebook. You are missing a lot = a lot of opportunities to connect with friends from your childhood, to be in touch with friends from other cities where you've lived, to hear from dear friends of your children, and to "talk" with colleagues from work, with friends in town and with friends across the country. You can share pictures and news and joys and sorrows and games. Right now I'm in a couple of Scrabble games and brain games and less brainy games with friends far and near. I love seeing pictures of special events in friends' lives, of trips made close by or around the world, of families and new babies, and of celebrations that almost make you feel as if you had been there. How spectacular! I wouldn't miss this wonderful opportunity. I love Facebook!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On the way to NYC Joe and i listened to Accidental Billionaires about the founding of Facebook. I think you will enjoy for certain. I would never have the time to play all those games, but I do like the surprise hookups. I'll try to stretch some toward the games if I don't have to open up my computer.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to more photos of the big celebration...posted here and there!!!!
ReplyDelete