
Butch loves to work in the yard. He likes to see the grass neatly mowed and the edges sharply trimmed. He spends a lot of times picking up "sticky balls," as our grandchildren call them, when they fall off the tree in the front yard. Yes, Claremont has "street trees," and our street has the (mis)fortune of having Liquid Amber trees as THE street tree. So each yard is blessed with one of the prolific "sticky ball" producers. They also have other problems - invasive root systems that can destroy plumbing, break-up sidewalks, lift walkways until they are hazardous to pedestrians, and totally eliminate going barefoot on the lawns or sidewalks anywhere around them. So, here is a photo of his nemesis and a recent "American Gothic"-like picture of him at work. He's thrilled that he has been able to find a good use for a "snow shovel" in Southern California.
Well Butch is handsome American Gothic and I am glad you caught him in this stance. Oh, and I had forgotten that there is green grass in some places. As for the stickies, I love those. Seems they would make neat ornaments and other thing. I am always picking them up when they appear at the museum lot. But back to Butch. I LOVE edging, but have given it up since noone seems to think it is as much fun or as satisfying as I do; so I have adjusted to the majority and am enjoying the natural overflowing yard look.
ReplyDeleteLooking good! When he gets that yard cleaned up we've got one that's a little larger and a much bigger mess. Send him our way!
ReplyDeleteSo glad he has this passion. It serves us well when he is here baby sitting on Thursdays. Or I should say while you are baby sitting, he is enjoying his yard work! ;)
ReplyDelete