
Today 4 families in the church hosted tours of their gardens. It was a delightful day and a fascinating tour. Refreshments were available at the homes, and the hosts/hostesses answered questions about the plantings. All four yards have such a different take on outdoor living. Seeing the plants in their spring fresh "finery," either new green or flowering, was a treat. Now I've got great ideas for our backyard. While this picture is NOT from one of the homes, it is the sort of verdant planting that I find most appealing. So, temper this with some reality about summer heat in Southern CA, and I think we can make some new things happen in our yard. Butch was thrilled to hear that! :-)
Oh that sounds so good to me also!! Now in New England, today, Joe went up a ladder to saw off broken branches galore. He tied up probably bent- over-forever evergreens. Lots of "winter kill" here! No garden tours until later months. I read a book called Major Pettigrew's Last Stand that also inspired me to put a little more effort into my yard and garden. Not much tradition or history to go on if from the Texas Panhandle, but it is worth the effort!
ReplyDelete