Saturday, June 11, 2011

An Exemplary Principal Retires!


Today Ley Yeager bid farewell to students, families, & friends whose connections with him spanned some 20 years as Principal of Vista del Valle School in Claremont. What a man! The tributes, the entertainment, the gifts, the lunch, the celebration all added up to a great sendoff for a "one of a kind" gift to students, their families, and the school staff. In this picture that I "borrowed" from CVR (one of the most talented & creative amateur photographers I've ever known), Ley is looking at a drawing of the mural that the staff and friends have commissioned for him. As the staff - both past & present - stand on the stage, Ley sees it for the first time. There have been several very special principals with whom I've been associated through my life. How nice it was to celebrate with one of them today. Vaya con Dios, Ley. You are a spectacular person.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your compliment, Rosemary, but since I am actually IN this photo, Claire will have to take credit for taking it! (It is my camera, though....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed you in the picture. The compliment was an honest/true/really believe one! As you can see, I had to resize in order to get it to fit on my page. I had looked in vain for an individual picture of him, but I think this one is spectacular. Maria went by Vista today and said that they had had "visitors" again in the same places. Ley was also there working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have always spoken so highly of Maria's principal Ley. So wonderful a good principal! What a photo and what a gift. Wonderful sendoff!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete