

Yes, I have to admit that I love both football and basketball. Heck, I don't "have" to admit it. I LOVE watching both sports. Attending a football game when my team is winning is a marvelous experience - being outside on a beautiful day with family & friends and the score in your favor. Can't beat that. Then, there's the basketball season that culminates in "March Madness." A basketball game in Allen Field House at KU is a treat not to be missed. You smile the whole time because the spirit is palpable and contagious. Today we began watching the games this morning. All these gifted athletes have only one shot IF their team doesn't win and their season is over. The many close scores today seem to be a validation of the work by those who set up the brackets. Did they ultimately design the placements to provide a fair shot for all of those participating? That remains to be seen. So, I encourage you to watch a game. Catch the spirit. AND, most of all, I encourage you to root for THE team: The Kansas Jayhawks.
OK, Rosemary, under your prodding, I promise to join my husband to watch. Not natural to me, since I rebelled at all the football and basketball in our house growing up. Funny, since I love sports. Joe said our college is a dark horse! And I love to see people give their best to things.
ReplyDeleteRock Chalk!
ReplyDelete