Sunday, July 25, 2010

All of Those Amazing Race Types of Programs

Another race moves from place to place; another competition is staged between couples; and, another show comes on about the survival of the fittest, cleverest, smartest, strongest, "biggest loser," etc. There seems to be an endless "treasure trove" of this type of program that feeds on the viewing public's desire to see who can win in any sort of competition. Heck, I might not watch this kind, but I watch "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune" to see if I can answer the questions or solve the word puzzles. I guess we can all race or lose weight or try to play the various games or conquer the obstacles before us from the comfort of our couch. How nice! Isn't it good, though, that there are choices among a myriad of channels as to whether or not we'll compete or as Julia Roberts's character says in "Pretty Woman" - "Let's watch old movies all night... we'll just veg out in front of the TV."

1 comment:

  1. I love to watch most Turner Classic movies. They slow me down to the Fifties and earlier, allow historical perspective on the good influence those movies had, and makes me wish for some of the writers. I also like to see if I can answer the questions on a few of the game shows, but this is not fun shared by all in my house :*) It is on to the military channel to see how a Hitler could come to power and cause such destruction. Not into racing these days except to the new craft :*)

    ReplyDelete