At last I am "older than dirt." This was a familiar saying when I was growing up and now I'm there!
Friends from near and far sent cards. My brother David and his wife Melanie & my brother Tom and his wife Kathy called, and so did my nephew Tom. The birthday group here had our always fun monthly celebration at The Los. Another birthday group had dinner to celebrate Larry's, Janet's, Joe's, and my birthdays. Facebook friends from all over and from nearby posted birthday wishes. It was all delightful!
Mark & his family came from Kansas and Maria and her crew were all here ready & waiting for them. The kids (and the adults) so enjoy each other's company and they were an absolute delight to watch. They swam & played & swam some more. We went to SeaWorld, to Victoria Gardens to eat at P.F.Chang's (love those lemon scallops) and watch the kids run through the fountain, to LA on the Metrolink to eat at a good restaurant on Olvera Street, and a couple of times we all had treats at Yogurtland. At SeaWorld we all wore our wonderful "Be Good To People" t-shirts that we got from our friends Krissy & Augie. Thanks so much! Check out their site. It's got fabulous stuff & is spreading such a good message.
My friend Linda from Boston sent one of her fabulous fabric postcard wishing me a happy birthday and that was such a delightful surprise. Thank you so very much, Linda! My friend Nell made a wonderful table runner that looks like half of a juicy red watermelon complete with seeds. It's sitting in splendor on the table for all to see. Thank you so very much, Nell.
My family gave me an iPad! I've received and sent email and I've played some games. Even "more mature dogs" can learn new tricks. Of course, Mark was a huge help in getting it all set up and ready to go. Thanks, Mark.
I feel totally "birthday-ed" and I loved every minute of it. Thank you, one and all, from the bottom of my heart.
Hey, sounds like a good bday!
ReplyDeleteI certainly think you were totally birthday-ed! You wore me out just reading all about it. I loved seeing the wonderful T-shirt site, and am quite jealous of your iPad and Mark's tutoring. Of course nothing is better than such a full time with your big family. And you can continue the fun with that juicy red watermelon on the table. I saw some neat apps on iPads at the Apple store that I plan to make note of to see if you have. Congratulations once more. You look good to be soooo OLD hahahahahahaha
ReplyDelete