Sunday, April 4, 2010

Earthquake Near Mexicali


As I sat at the computer today, I felt my chair, which is on rollers, moving gently from side to side. I called Butch and went to find him. He had not felt anything, but Maria called from her home to ask if we had had an earthquake. The reports were just coming in on TV that a 6.9 earthquake centered near Mexicali had occurred. Our grandfather's clock had stopped and the water in the pool was gently rolling in waves from one end to the other. So, the sun is shining, the wind is gently blowing, and the earth has reminded us once again that anything can happen without notice.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't known anyone in earthquake land since son was out there at UNC for law school and at Gibson Dunn before returning to the Boston area for love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends visiting in CA also felt the earthquake this week!

    ReplyDelete