Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Maria!!!

Today is Maria's 34th birthday.  
Posted by Picasa
What a joyous day it was 34 years ago in Lawrence when she arrived. Mark & Claire were excited, too. In those days kids couldn't visit, so they waved "hi" from under a tree in front of Lawrence Memorial. Rachel Christoffersen was born the day before Maria, and Barbara and I became good friends from the very beginning. We referred to ourselves as "the geriatric wing." It was fun to watch the girls grow up together. Maria is a beautiful, fun, loving, super wife & mom, gifted teacher, supportive & caring friend, & involved community & church member. Butch & I are so proud of her and we love her very much!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't Maria beautiful and a personality to go with it! Wish I had a daughter you lucky woman. Happy birthday, Maria. My Mother is April 10 and my granddaughter close on that (time of the Boston Marathon).

    ReplyDelete