Monday, May 9, 2011

Flowers in May

Several years ago some loving friends gifted us with this gorgeous amaryllis. It was in magnificent bloom and it graced us with its beauty for several weeks. We enjoyed it and missed it when it finally ended its blooming season. But we left the pot right where it was. The next year we were thrilled when we saw the new shoot coming out and then once again we were treated to glorious blooms. This has now happened for at least 5 years, and it warms our hearts and brings smiles to our faces when we see its beauty each day. We also feel a special connection to our caring friends whose gift truly "keeps on giving" in the very best sense of that phrase. Thanks, Mel and Beth.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that certainly is a lesson in not throwing pots away at then end of the blooming cycle. Coming from the Dust Bowl, I am not always as wise as I should be about all things in the garden or greenhouse. I should have stayed in the Garden Club. Thanks for sharing...It keeps on giving elsewhere...

    ReplyDelete