Friday, May 6, 2011

The Treat That Is The LA Philharmonic


Tonight we attended a concert by the LA Philharmonic at Disney Hall. Gustavo Dudamel led the orchestra in glorious pieces by Brahms - "Academic Festival Overture" and "Symphony No.1." The audience gave the orchestra and Dudamel an enthusiastic and long standing ovation. In between the two works by Brahms, the violin soloist, Leonidas Kavakos, demonstrated his considerable talent in a complicated piece that many would describe as "notes in search of a melody." But the night belonged to the orchestra's superb playing under the baton of their inspiring conductor. They were both spectacular! We had all of this plus a delightful evening with good friends both long-time and newly met. Unbeatable!

2 comments:

  1. I think just being in that hall would be treat enough! Glad you got to go and that you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was staggered by the architecture and wished you had added a little sound here :*)) I saw the movie Rhapsody in Blue today and it showed Gershwin's playing and being tormented by his headaches playing w the LA Symphony. Wow...I love both those photos. Fortunate you.

    ReplyDelete